Complaint Review: RJM ACQ LLC

• Submitted: Sat, April 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 26, 2008

• Reported By:Brandon Florida
RJM ACQ LLC
575 Underhill BLVD Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM ACQ LLC Ignore FCRA Cheat Liars Theft Credit Report Equifax TransUnion FACTA Syosset New York

Early April '08, I get an Alert from my credit monitoring service. It states that a company named RJM ACQ LLC is reporting a collection to two of three major credit bureaus.

Knowing that this surely is either a mistake or possibly ID theft, I contact RJM to get any additional information they have on the supposed 'debt'.
Well, I get this young lady that is rather pleased to hear from me. She cheerfully thanks me for calling RJM and wants to know how I will be paying my debt.
Well, I say, that "I am calling to get verification or documentation on this debt. I know that it is not mine, we need to get this cleared up..."

Well, all of a sudden she changes her tune. She says, "RJM doesn't have this debt so I can't offer you any information on it."

So, they're reporting it on my Credit Reports, do not own the 'debt', and have no documentation of the account they're reporting. What the hell is this?

Anyway, I wrote them a letter demanding they provide me with an investigation of the alleged debt or remove the negative information from my credit history, and so far they've done nothing.

I even disputed with the CRAs (again) and RJM decided to immediately "verify" the debt rather than properly investigate it, as required by law.(FACTA ( 623. (a)(8))

They have only a more days to remove this negative, libel information from my credit record. Otherwise I will be forced to place complaints with The BBB,FTC and AG, in hopes that it will get their attention...
If not I'll be left with no choice other than a lawsuit.

Mike
Brandon, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2008 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-ACQ-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-ACQ-LLC-Ignore-FCRA-Cheat-Liars-Theft-Credit-Report-Equifax-TransUnion-FACTA-Syosset-N-329119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM ACQ LLC