Complaint Review: RJM ACQUISITION

• Submitted: Wed, November 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 13, 2006

• Reported By:Marina del rey California
RJM ACQUISITION
575 Underhill Blvd Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM ACQUISITION They've filed a false claim for a debt I don't owe and it's on my credit report! Syosset New York 11791-3416Syosset New York

*Consumer Comment: I too have fallen victim to RJM Acquisitions LLC for allegely owing $108 for a book of the month club through bookspan.

*Consumer Suggestion: Jessica, RJM Acquisitions are JUNK DEBT BUYERS

(Product Name: Doubleday Bookclub) I just got a copy of my credit report and saw this listed on there. I have no clue who this is or what this is about.

I want it removed from my credit report as it affects my credit score. I looked them up on the internet and found a site where apparently this is something they are doing to scores of people.

I think some serious legal action should be taken agaist them to stop them from doing this to others.

So far I have filed a report with the FTC and disputed it on my credit report.

Jessica
Marina del rey, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2006 12:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-ACQUISITION/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-ACQUISITION-Theyve-filed-a-false-claim-for-a-debt-I-dont-owe-and-its-on-my-credit-r-222786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM ACQUISITION

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

I have read post upon post to try to learn what I must do to remove this company from my credit report. I have come across two addresses for RJM. One was from a post on 8/25/2006 by kimberly with the same claim as mine but she gives an address of:
RJM Acquisitions LLC
245 Eight Ave. #272
New York, NY 10011

The second address being:
575 Underhill Blvd Suite 224
Syosset, NY 11791

For those who have done this already...Which do I send certified letters of debt validation to?

So far I have disputed this claim with the FTC and Experian. Now I want to go right to them!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Jessica, RJM Acquisitions are JUNK DEBT BUYERS

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Jessica,

You should file a lawsuit on them immediately for the damage they have done to your credit score, and for your time and expenses in dealing with their error.

These junk debt buyers purchase very old, usually uncollectable debts that they could never validate in court. And they know it.

The game they play is to harrass and intimidate you into making even a small payment or agreement to pay which legally validates the debt.

NEVER speak to any debt collector on the phone.
Never pay any third party debt collector.
Never give any personal, financial, employment info to any debt collector.
Never sign anything you send them, just print.

Only communicate in writing, and only by certified mail, return reciept requested. be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. This procedure is very important.

Now by the means above, send a DEBT VALIDATION request. Clearly dispute the debt and demand to see whatever you signed to create the debt as well as a full account history and itemization of charges. Also demand proof that they have the legal right to collect the debt, as well as proof that they are licensed in both your state and theirs to collect debts if required by law in each state.

Usually when you do this, they go away.