Complaint Review: RJM Acq. Fingerhut Axsys National Bank

• Submitted: Mon, January 09, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2006

• Reported By:Conway Arkansas
RJM Acq. Fingerhut Axsys National Bank
PO Box 18006 Hauppauge, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acq. Fingerhut Axsys National Bank ripoff trying to collect on Bankrupted debt Hauppauge New York

My wife and I filed BK in 2000 on our Fingerhut/Axsys account under the name of another collection agency (Compucredit I believe). Out of the blue, not 2 months ago, I get a notice from RJM claiming they're trying to collect on this.

Now I've joined the military and moved several times since 2000, and we've lightened the load, so those papers are gone. I called RJM and told them that we had BK'ed, but they wanted all that info that I no longer have.

I'm now going through the records online, and I'm not seeing Fingerhut or Axsys named specifically. RJM is going to give me a "free" camcorder to entice me to pay this debt, but they're gonna wind up with a lawsuit instead. I'll be calling the lawyer that filled the BK for me and let him have at it.

RJM's enticement letter has these 2 statements on it:

The front says:
"This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

The back says:
"If you are entitled to the protections of the United States Bankruptcy Code (11 U.S.C.ss362;524) regarding the subject matter of this communication, the following applies to you: THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT, ASSESS, OR RECOVER A CLAIM IN VIOLATION OF THE BANKRUPTCY CODE AND IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY."

How can they have it both ways?

William
Conway, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2006 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acq-Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank/Hauppauge-New-York-11788-8806/RJM-Acq-Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank-ripoff-trying-to-collect-on-Bankrupted-debt-Hauppau-171048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acq. Fingerhut Axsys National Bank

socialism