Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions - Finger Hut

• Submitted: Wed, September 08, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 08, 2004

• Reported By:Greeley Colorado
RJM Acquisitions - Finger Hut
PO Box 18013 Hauppauge, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, Finger Hut Reporting False Bad Debt. Rip-off! Hauppauge New York

I received a letter from RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC (Toll Free: 800-353-2497) stating that I owed them $177.12 because of an old account that I had with Finger Hut. Funny thing was it that it shows my last payment being made in December of 1996. Do you want to know how old I was in 1996? I was only 14 years old! If I remember correctly, don't you have to be a legal adult at 18 years of age to even apply or receive any type of credit at all?

Currently, I am 20 years old who has already had a bad start on life. I graduated high school when I was 18 and ready to start the "big people school" or also known as college. I applied for a student loan to help me pay for school and I was denied. I could understand that, I mean I was only 18 and did not purchase anything big to help me establish my credit. As you probably know, when you apply for anything along those lines you get a free credit report. I thought, "heck, why not? That's when the terror started.

I received my credit report in the mail and opened it up expecting to not find a thing on there. To my surprise, BAD DEBT! "$177.12 from Finger Hut? What? Who the heck is Finger Hut? What did I buy? How did I buy it? What the?! I looked up Finger Hut on the web and found a customer service number to call for billing questions (and to give them a piece of my mind, I thought). I called them up and I was welcomed by one of those wonderful automated, press one if you just pressed two lines. Apparently Finger Hut is no longer, BUT there is a different company with the same name, same logo, about the same items for sale. Weird, I thought. Well, since I couldn't really do anything about the debt because of lack of information. I just let it go.

After about a year and a half, I received a letter from RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC stating that I owed them money like I stated before. $177.12 for some items that were ordered in 1993, do the math on how old I was. Here, let me help. I WASN'T A LEGAL ADULT YET! I called them up right away to get this cleared up right away, so that I might get on with my life. First person answers, RJM Acquisitions. Well, at least I know I reached the right place. Geez. I asked for a name and all I got was a how can I help you. Because I do have quite an attitude when people treat me unfair, I stated that he could help me by giving me his name. Nothing. Uhh, ok. Well, I stated my problem to nameless rude boy who then interrupted me in the middle of my story and he insisted that I owed them money and I needed to pay or they were going to sue me. Wait. Wait. They were going to sue for what I owed, plus legal fees and interest. Friendly group this bunch was. I finally got to upset and had to hang up on the poor fellow. He must have had a rough life, I thought. NOT THAT I REALLY CARED OR ANYTHING!

I waited until I collected my cool and called up again, I got Patty this time. She was super nice. I liked her. She gave me all the information I needed, like what was ordered and how much each item was and again, how much I owed them. Persistent little sh*ts. So, to make a long story short. I'm going to take this into legal hands and file a suit against both RJM and Finger Hut. Except that I need assitance! I'm only 20 and I have no idea where to start. If anyone could help me out that would be wonderful!!!

Thanks,

Tiffany
Greeley, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2004 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Finger-Hut/Hauppauge-New-York-11788-8813/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Finger-Hut-Reporting-False-Bad-Debt-Rip-off-Hauppauge-New-107461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions - Finger Hut