Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions - Fingerhut

• Submitted: Tue, July 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 03, 2004

• Reported By:Dixfield Maine
RJM Acquisitions - Fingerhut
7 Penn Plaza, 18th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, Fingerhut rip-off! Fradulent billing, no response to contacts, mark on credit report! New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, Fingerhut rip-off! Fradulent billing, no response to contacts, mark on credit report!

When we refinanced our home, this claim came up. I was given the info by the bank and I made contact. The Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay sent me a letter stating I owed $115.32 for an order from Fingerhut from more than seven years ago.

I tried to contact the office by the phone number that is in one the letter. I got continuous recordings and could never speak to a real person. I wrote a letter stating I wanted in writing what my order was. I still got no response. I proceed to call Fingerhut and they have no record of me ever being in collections or not having any idea why I owed this money.

Unfortunately this is on my credit report now and I cannot seem to get it off. I continue to get no response from these people.

Jennifer
Dixfield, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2004 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Fingerhut/New-York-New-York-10001/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Fingerhut-rip-off-Fradulent-billing-no-response-to-contact-100772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions - Fingerhut

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

You should dispute this information on your credit report. I had some false information on my Experian report once and I did a dispute online and they removed it within a couple of weeks. If you dispute it and no one responds from this RJM place then they (credit bureau) will take it off your report.

#2 Consumer Suggestion