Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC

• Submitted: Thu, May 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 01, 2008

• Reported By:Naples Idaho
RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC
575 Underhill Blvd. Ste 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC False debt for Fingerhut Syosset New York

At the end of January of this year, we received a notice from RJM stating that they had purchased our past due debt from Fingerhut in the amount of $327.08, and that they would be willing to settle this account by deducting 60% off this billing if we paid $130.83 by March 6, 2008. The second option was to pay payments of $32.71 per month for a total 40% deduction to total $196.24, or finally the third option was to pay the full amount at $16.35 a month. Received a new billing statement today, and again there are three offers for payment, but now these offers are more expensive and the new deadline is June 8, 2008.

Now, I will admit that in the late 1980's and possibliy in the early 1990s, I did purchase items from Fingerhut, all of which were paid off and in my maiden name. This billing from RJM is addressed to my husband, who I know for a fact has never purchased anything from Fingerhut, nor have I since being married to him for the past 13 years. Secondly, if we owed Fingerhut any money, I have no doubt that they would have sent us bills, and we have never received any billings from Fingerhut, so I know this is a scam.

One of the things I noticed on this billing from RJM is that there is no phone number listed, only a fax number and I cannot locate a web address or email address for this company. I am not going to pay this account because I do not owe anything to these people, and I know the law. If I begin paying on this account, it means I am accepting this debt and makes me legally responsible for said debt. Therefore, this company is not getting a dime out of me, and I am going to turn them in to the BBB in New York.

I am glad that I decided to do a little research on the company before attempting to contact them because said research has provided the background necessary to prove this company is a scam and should be prosecuted on fraud charges.

Katherine
Naples, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2008 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-False-debt-for-Fingerhut-Syosset-New-York-329903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC