Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 03, 2007

• Reported By:Sparks Nevada
RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC
575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC Sent me a bogus collection letter for Fingerhut Ripoff Syosset New York

I received a collections letter today from RJM Acquisitions Funding, LLC regarding an apparent account with Fingerhut in the amount of # 295.05. I have NEVER purchased anything from Fingerhut. They "graciously" offered me 3 options to pay the balance...how considerate of them.

I googled RJM and the first thing that came up was Rip-Off Report. It seems I am not the only person this company is trying to run a scam on.

I called the 800 number for RJM 3 times today and they do not answer their phones - shocking.

I got the customer service number from the Fingerhut website and called them for information. Oddly enough, the IVR system at the Fingerhut customer service line did not recognize my "Original Fingerhut Acct. #" but it did recognize the RJM File # as my account number and transferred me to a representative.The rep informed me that "The old Fingerhut" was purchased by CompuCredit Corp and they had no information on file regarding the account. I was advised to contact CompuCredit Corp by mail @ P.O. Box 7999 St. Cloud, MN 56302 or by fax @ 320-229-8583.

I plan to contact the FTC first thing Monday morning regarding this matter.

It is amazing to me that shady, scamming companies like this continue to operate and rip off people in this manner. I am certain many people have just paid the balance thinking they had forgotten about an old account. Something needs to be done about this on a Federal level.

Sparks, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2007 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Sent-me-a-bogus-collection-letter-for-Fingerhut-Ripoff-Syosse-265113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC