Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2007

• Reported By:Stanley North Carolina
RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC -Trying to collect old debt from Fingerhut Catalog order Syosset New York

RJM sent me a letter stating they are my new creditor and have purchased my account from Fingerhut. It states that I owe $510.02 and they are offering me three opportunities to satisfy my account.

Naturally, I was concerned of a debt that was in my name (knowing that I've NEVER purchased a thing from Fingerhut) so I called to question it. A woman told me an account was opened in my name in 1997, with a SC address, (I'm from NC) and in 2002, Fingerhut was bought out and RJM acquired my account. I told her this was not my bill. She said she would close the account, not to worry about it. I've had my credit pulled at least 5 times over the last 10 years, and nothing from either of these companies was on it. I was concerned of identity theft, but after reading on this website that the same thing has happened to other people, I started to wonder if it's a scam. So today I called back and spoke to "Steve" to see if my account was indeed closed, and he said it was. I continued to question Steve and he got upset with me. He told me there could be another person that has the same name as me. I told him that was not likely, as I do have a very rare last name and the only 5 other ones are of the same family. He then said it could've been an error in paperwork or just a mistake Fingerhut made and then hung up on me.

Stanley, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2007 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Trying-to-collect-old-debt-from-Fingerhut-Catalog-order-Syos-279682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC