• Report: #191471

• Submitted: Sun, May 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 14, 2006

• Reported By:Anaheim California
RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC is doing it to me, too! Syosset New York

Add me to the list of people being scammed by RJM Acquisitions. I had never even heard of Fingerhut, and yet I apparently owe $484.64...

Oh, but RJM is so nice that they are offering to settle the entire bill completely for only $242.32. What a deal, eh? I get to pay over two hundred dollars when I don't owe a penny. Ain't RJM just so friendly?

Interestingly, only about two weeks prior to receiving this letter, I got a detailed credit report during a background investigation I am undergoing for a job with the county as a forensic scientist. And, unsurprisingly, neither Fingerhut or RJM appeared on my report. My only outstanding debt is a student loan that I do not have to start paying until December.

After receiving the letter, I did a little bit of internet research and, besides finding this site, I downloaded two free credit reports and printed those. The only mention of either RJM or Fingerhut is on my Transunion report, showing that RJM made an inquiry about a month ago.

So, of course, I don't owe any money and RJM is trying to convince me that I do. I downloaded a form letter from another scam-watch page that is a cease communication letter. I am going to send that to them via certified mail tomorrow morning.

But before then, at work tonight I'm going to ask my shop steward to put me in touch with my labor union's lawyer referral program. And since I'm a Teamster, you just KNOW they're going to put me in touch with a good lawyer. And tomorrow, I'm going to call the FTC and BBB to find out what they think my best course of action is.

The moral of the story -- never tick off a guy who does investigations for a living.

John
Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2006 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-is-doing-it-to-me-too-Syosset-New-York-191471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC