Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, April 08, 2007

• Reported By:New York New York
RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC sent me a fraudulent collection notice, as my new creditor Ripoff Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: The RJM Acquisitons SCAM exposed

*Consumer Comment: RJM Acquisitons sent me Fraudulent letter

I just received a letter in the mail saying that I owed $984.05 to a company called Fingerhut who, in turn, had turned over my account to RJM Acquisitions. RJM Acquisitions offered me in their letter several options for paying my bill, or a portion of it, to their firm. I have no recollection of ever placing an order with Fingerhut and have received no prior notice nor bills from that company. I have an impeccably good credit rating and think I would have known if I had an outstanding bill to the tune of nearly $1,000.00! When I searched and found this company on your website, it confirmed my suspicions that this was a scam.

Paige
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2007 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-sent-me-a-fraudulent-collection-notice-as-my-new-creditor-Ri-242724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The RJM Acquisitons SCAM exposed

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

These scammers are JUNK DEBT BUYERS, and debt collectors. They buy VERY old, and usually past SOL/legally uncollectable debts of THIS TYPE for far less than a penny on the dollar.

When they purchase these "accounts", they get very little, if any current information on the account or the actual accountholder.

So now, the "skiptracing" begins. Everyone with the same or similar name to you gets the same collection letter. They are fishing.

NEVER call or speak to any debt collector ofr junk debt buyer. NEVER.

And NEVER give them ANY information that is not already on the collection notice, and NEVER sign anything as your signature will most likely magically appear on a contract!

Check all three of your credit files IMMEDIATELY to see if there is an inquiry or collection account noted on your credit files. If there is no evidence they have checked your credit, just ignore the letter.

If it is on your credit, start doing disputes in writing only, and by certified mail,return reciept requested. be sure to put the certified# on any letter you send and kep a copy for your records.

By the means above, send a DEBT VALIDATION request where you clearly deny the debt, and DEMAND to see the original signed contract that created the debt as well as a full account history and itemization of charges.

They would need all of this to successfully sue you in court, and also must cease all collections activity until they fulfill your request.

They are running a scam and they know it.

Go to FTC.gov and file a complaint online, and also go to budhibbs.com to learn all about debt collectors, junk debt buyers and lots of good information on RJM and other bottomfeeders.

Good luck.

RJM Acquisitons sent me Fraudulent letter

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

Paige:
I too received one of these letters on 4/6/07, and never purchased anything from Fingerhut. I've never received any prior bills from RJM Acquistions until 4/6/07. These people are scammers.

Carol