• Report: #208566

• Submitted: Tue, August 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 30, 2006

• Reported By:East Peoria Illinois
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd Suite 224 Hauppauge, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding ripoff fradulent collections saying I owe Fingerhut $134.22 from 1997 Syosset & Hauggauge, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Advice for Susan on Dealing with RJM

RJM Acquisitions Funding is saying they have purchased this account and I owe Fingerhut $134.22 from 1997, Which I do not owe.They say I can pay 3 payments of $26.84, a 40% savings or $13.42 per month on the balance. Funny thing is ?WHAT BALANCE??

I had something on my credit report in 2002 from Fingerhut. I'm thinking it was RJM back then also, which I disputed and it was removed.

Now I am reading on RipOffReport.com of others which this company has ripped off and also put these amounts back on their credit reports after they were removed. I contacted Experian and they said they cannot do that if it had been removed. So how are they getting by with it.

I tore up my house yesterday looking for the old credit report from Trans Union to prove it was removed and not valid. But, I'm still looking. I thought it was over and done with.

Now, I get home from work tonight and have another copy of the same letter. Wonder if I'll get one tomorrow too. They sure can waste their money on postage for bogus collection letters.

If there is a class action suite on them, I'm in. I'm on the FTC website now, but I can't find where to file a dispute. I'm afraid they are going to put this bogus stuff back on my credit report.

East Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Hauppauge-New-York-11788/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-ripoff-fradulent-collections-saying-I-owe-Fingerhut-13422-from-208566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Advice for Susan on Dealing with RJM

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

That old debt from 1997 is past the statute of limitations, and is uncollectable. It is illegal to re-insert a previously disputed/removed item to a persons credit file.

As far as the class action lawsuit, don't waste your time. They rarely go anywhere, and when they do you only get pennies. People want class actions because they want someone else to handle the problem for them. I say, handle the problem yourself and get paid.

The FTC site allows you to file a COMPLAINT, not a dispute.. Go to the "consumers" tab, then click "file a complaint". The FTC does not act on complaints on an individual basis, they wait for a certain# of complaints and then go after the creditor or collector involved.

RJM is a junk debt buyer who paid about 1/10th of a penny on the dollar for that old uncollectable debt. They know they can't collect it unless a consumer is stupid enough to make a payment, or promise to pay, which would validate it and make it collectable. This is what they count on. They would never sue on an amount that small.

NEVER speak to them on the phone, and do not respond to the letters. The next one you get, don't open it, just mark a line through the address and write "not at this address" and drop it in a big blue mailbox. Or better yet, mark it "deceased". You have to just have some fun with these idiots.