Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Tue, April 10, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 10, 2007

• Reported By:Wauna Washington
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd. STE. 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding Company stated I owed them $317.00 from Fingerhut, an account they bought. ripoff Syosset New York

Wow, Okay, Let me tell you back in 2004 I got a letter from RJM, stating they bought the debt from Fingerhut and that I owed them $775.00. I was at the time frantically paying off old debt. So I contacted them Via Fax, Agreed to settle this debt for $600.00 and to Pay with my Visa.

Well they got $600.00 of my money. But it was on my credit report. I at the time also before agree to this asked them to send a letter agreeing to the settlement and to have this debt removed from my credit report. They agreed and it was removed from my credit report. Now, today 4/10/07 I get a new letter stating I owe them $317.00

They had a old last name and a totally different account numbers and file number. I did send a dispute letter, however I made the mistake of giving them information from the last letter and settlement. Like, The Transaction number from my bank, my previous last names (to indicate to them their apparent mistake, jokes on me I guess)Now to find this web site after the fact disturbs me.

I apparently did'nt need to throw away $600.00 to them after hearing the paid minimal for the debt. I hope that some how they can not get some sort of leverage from the info I sent to support some bogus claim?

Wish I would have seen this web site before, oh well,

Kimberley
Wauna, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2007 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Company-stated-I-owed-them-31700-from-Fingerhut-an-account-the-243349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding