Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:New Cumberland Pennsylvania
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding , Harrassing collection notices for a debt that is not mine Syosset New York

2 years ago RJM contacted me about a debt I supposedly owed. This debt they bought from FIrst Bank. I told them I never had a card with First Bank and I wnated to know the particulars. When was account opened, etc.. They told me it was opened in 1993, with my ex husbands anme and my soicial security no.

I was divorced in 1984, the address used was our old address which no longer existed at the time the account was opened, it had been torn down, and a office complex built there with a different address. This is an illegal use of his name and my number. A: We weren't married so the social cannot be connected with him after marriage, he did not open acount either , he has never had a credit card in his life. B: the address given is bogus C: I was remarried in 1993 under a new name living in a different state when this account was supposedly opened.
I have explained this to RJM and cannot reach First Bank, they no longer hold the information from what I understand.

This is affecting my credit for an account neither I nor my ex husband opened, I am at a loss as to what to do. Please Advise!

Pam
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Harrassing-collection-notices-for-a-debt-that-is-not-mine-Syoss-287026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding