Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 31, 2007

• Reported By:Longwood Florida
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding RJM Fingerhut Scam Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: The were trying to rip you off

I received an erroneous invoice from RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC in the mail Saturday, March 23, 2007. The invoice was to me with an incorrectly spelled last name for the amount of $564.46. It said that the last payment on this account was in 1996 for $13.58.First I looked the company up . That's when I confirmed my suspicions that this was a scam. There were many entries, including yours with reports from victims of this company.

I was able to get through to a CSR on the third try today, March 26, 2007 to the 800.886.0026 number. I spoke with Ms. Barrow Ext. 1229. She asked me if I onced lived at a certain address. I advised her that I had rented a room from the tenant for less than a year. I told her that I never ordered anything from Fingerhut. She asked if someone else could have opened and charged merchandise in my name.

I advised I wouldn't know about that, but the tenant certainly wouldn't have. I told her that this account did not show on any of my credit reports throughout the years. She tried to tell me that that information wouldn't show up since it was over 10 years ago. I advised her that if I hadn't paid on it that the information certainly would show, as my accounts go back to 1991.

She told me that because Fingerhut was a mail order company it was possible that someone had picked up a catalog addressed to me and purchased some things in my name. She then quickly agreed to close the account and gave me only her name and extension as proof of this discussion/transaction. It seems unusual to me that she was willing to close an account with a $564 balance without further investigation. No other company "in good faith" would have done so.

I asked her if she had ever "Googled" her own company. She became defensive and responded that there was a "lot of trash out there". I didn't and don't agree. I remain skeptical and vigilant. And, I wanted you to have the same courtesy as I have had from others before me - my personal testimony. Forewarned is forearmed.

Jacqueline
Longwood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2007 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-RJM-Fingerhut-Scam-Syosset-New-York-240803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The were trying to rip you off

AUTHOR: Law - (U.S.A.)

If the date of last payment was 1996, the statute of limitations has run, if you are in Florida. This company has also purchased debts from Citibank from the early 1990s. They rely on the fear factor, and the public not knowing the law. If you send them so much as a penny, it will restart the statute of limitations and then they could try to make you resposible for the debt. Do all communications with companies such as this in writing. They are notorious liars and routinely break the law. Gret it in writing that they really did "close the account".

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC