Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007

• Reported By:Bettendorf Iowa
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding NEW Creditor For Fingerhut Fraudulent Claim of Debt Owed dating back to November 20, 1995! Syosset, New York

I just received a letter from "RJM" for a "purchase" with Fingerhut back in November of 1995! They are requesting payment of $198.08. I've NEVER purchased anything from a Fingerhut Store, or ever heard of it and felt I needed to contact them to let them know of their error.

I actually went online to see if RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC had a Website so I could contact them via email because I didn't want to even waste a STAMP to contact them. I intended to let them know they MUST have the wrong person because I have no idea what this is! My search came up with your Website and NOW, I'm beginning to wonder how many of these notices they have sent out hoping to glean people's money who might fear an outstanding debt on their credit report? It says on the Notice that "IF any information. is not accurate, kindly [return] the tear-off section below in the postage paid envelope provided." I can't help but wonder what they would do with my personal information IF I did write them and INCLUDED their "tear-off section" of the Notice?

I live in an elderly and disabled apt. complex and I'm sure some of my neighbors who would get something like this would freak out and just send them the money! HOW SCARY!

They are offering $79.23 to settle the claim, OR 4 payments of $29.71, OR 14 payments of $14.85!! Naturally, there's also a block where you can charge the full payment to your Visa, MasterCard or American Express. AND, they DID even list my SSN by the first 2 digits and the last 2 digits! HOW did they get that information?

I would definately like to report RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, P. O. Box 18013, Hauppauge, NY 11788-8813, and note that the payments are being directed to 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 224, Syosset, NY 11791-9827 per their enclosed envelope.

IF you have any further information on this "creditor," please advise.

Bettendorf, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791-9827/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-NEW-Creditor-For-Fingerhut-Fraudulent-Claim-of-Debt-Owed-dating-b-251772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding