fortune

• Submitted: Tue, March 07, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 08, 2006

• Reported By:pahrump Nevada
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding This Ripoff company sent a collection notice for a Credit Card suposedly delinquent in 1996, we never had, and wont give original creditor information! Syosset New York

*Consumer Comment: Marie, GOOD JOB!

We received a collection letter yesterday, from this stupid company. I tried to call them and verify what this is, and they just wanted to ask questions, not answer any. (Collect the proper information, to update their files?). They just said it was a MasterCard thru someone called Associates National?

When I told them this is bogus and asked for the info to the original creditor, they said they owned the bill now and we would have to deal with them to resolve it? The person I spoke with was even intelligent enough (if you want to call it that), to inform me the original records would not be available after this much time?

They gave an original address the account in CA, was supposedly taken out at. We never lived there, and when I searched the computer for the town it doesn't even exist? Esquaw Valley CA? I have written them a choice letter to dispute the account, deciding prior to reading all this info it was some new form of fraud.

I just couldn't imagine a legitimate company would wait 10 years to contact us? Knowing a little about the laws on SOL, and all the scams out there to get personal information, they of course wanted to verify SS #, they having 4 of 8 numbers, first two and last two? And would not give me the full number they have, rather expected me to supply it to them? No, of course I did not.

I started searching the Internet for the company RJM Acquisitions, for three pages I have been browsing, and no web sight for the company appears to exist? But there sure are a lot of hits calling it, what I assumed as a bogus, fraudulent company, bordering close on illegal.

Which by the way I printed several of the rip-off reports located on this sight and a few others, to include in my dispute letter, which they kindly supplied a postage paid envelope to return with my payment? Wish it were big enough to put a brick in!!

I did mention in my dispute response to the company this has never appeared on our credit reports before, and should it now miraculously show up, we will seek damages to have it removed. Since this is what sounds like the beginning of a long nightmare, any info on what to expect next will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lance and Marie

Marie
pahrump, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2006 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-This-Ripoff-company-sent-a-collection-notice-for-a-Credit-Card-su-179863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding

Marie, GOOD JOB!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

RJM are nothing more than junk debt buyers.

This old debt, even if it was yours is uncollectable and they know it.

A debt of that age is purchased for about 1/10th of 1 cent on the dollar!

Send the "CEASE COMMUNICATION" request as per your rights under the FDCPA. Be sure to send everything by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself,and keep a copy for your records.

They will go away.