Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2006

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding 3416 took a 20-year-old resolved and innacurate debt and tried to phish info out of me Ripoff Syosset New York

Twenty years ago someone stole my mother's info and used it to get a credit card with Norwest Bank. It took us three years to finally get a resolution, but the debt was completely cleared with the original creditor in 1989.

Since then, every three years or so, a new "creditor" shows up with part of the info from this, usually the Bank name, her or my name, and some of the info data, with just enough differences from the original case to make me wonder if it's a new account, so I attempt to clear the business up, to no avail - we exchange endless letters, there is a pause of a couple of years, then the cycle begins again.

Today I received a letter from a "new" company, RJM, whose presentation was extremely professional looking but lacked certain important information. It's scary when creditors send bills, at least it is for me. I'm disabled, quite ill, and don't need the extra stress.

Thanks to the internet I've ascertained that this company is an old hand at this sort of phishing, and I shouldn't feel threatened by them. I've actually paid bogus bills in the past just to try and get folks like this off my back and attempt to clean up my credit reports. Not any more. Neither of us (our names are similar) ever had an an account with the original creditor Norwest. We've never paid that particular account a cent, and never will.

Abbey
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2006 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-117913416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-3416-took-a-20-year-old-resolved-and-innacurate-debt-and-tried-to-177707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding