Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Thu, June 07, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 07, 2007

• Reported By:Mount Ida Arkansas
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding Claims I owe $550.39 and my last payment to them was 03/27/1997. Now they send a bill after 10 years. Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: You have Rights

On 05/29/2007 I received a notice from RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC stating that I owe $550.39, and that my last payment to them was 03/27/1997. They sent the bill in an ex-married name that I have not used in 10 years. They claim to have bought this account from Fingerhut.
They are offering me 3 options in which to pay.
When I was divorced in 1997, my ex-husband and I cleared all debts with all creditors with chapter13 and I started a new life. I feel this is unlawful after all my years of struggling to try and build my credit back up to be "hit" with a debt that should have cleared years ago.

Denina
Mount Ida, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2007 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11797-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Claims-I-owe-55039-and-my-last-payment-to-them-was-03271997-252953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You have Rights

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You have rights in this matter, and there is no way you should send them a cent.

1. If the debt was discharged in bankruptcy, your lawyer or the Court will have a copy of the Discharge. Send it to them and you should never hear from them again.

2. Even if the debt was not discharged in bankruptcy, ten years is way beyond the Statute of Limitations in Arkansas. A simple "Drop Dead, the Statute of Limitations has Expired" letter should suffice.

Regardless of what you send them, include in the letter that they are not to call you or write to you again. If they do, they violated Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and they owe you $1,000.00