- Report: #344952
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions LLC
RJM Acquisitions LLC575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.
RJM Acquisitions LLC changing dates on my credit report? Syosset New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Now my question is - upon reading over the letter I rcvd from RJM, I noticed that it said the following:
Date account opened - June 6, 2003
Date RJM Purchased This Account - February 11, 2008*
Noticing the * I looked at the bottom of the letter for an explanation, and it reads as follows:
* When RJM reported this account, EXPERIAN told us that we must use February 11, 2008 (the date RJM purchased this account) as the opening date rather than the original opening date of June 6, 2003.
OK, I'm confused... I thought this was against the law? I thought that creditors had to use the last date of activity or something like that? I'm still trying to gain understanding in to all of the rules and such so I apologize for my ignorance, but can someone explain this to me?
I am happy to know that RJM is deleting the debt from my credit report, but I just want to be informed for next time....
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-LLC-changing-dates-on-my-credit-report-Syosset-New-York-344952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.