Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2007

• Reported By:Sterling Heights Michigan
RJM Acquisitions
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions They sent me a bill from supposedly 10 years, from a credit card company I have no recollection of. They had the first and last two digits of my SS# on this bill. I called them and told them I had no recollection of the credit card. ripoff Syosset New York

This company sent me a bill for a credit card that I don't remember. The amount if 198.62. I have no recollection of the card or leaving an account with a balance. This doesn't appear on my credit report.

I called to inquire what this was about and was asked for the file number which I gave and to verify my address and they asked for my social security number which I refused to give them. On the bill they had the first and last two digits of my social security number.

I was asked if I recalled the credit card they had the date I opened it and the date I closed it. I told them I don't recall having that card and that I never left a balance on any card. The date they gave me was February of 1997. I said that was 10 years ago, I don't remember a card from then.

I was then told to disregard the bill and throw it away. That sounded fishy, along with asking for my social security number. So I did a web search and found your website. I will also be contacting the Attorney General for the State of Michigan.

I wonder how many people would fall for a scam like this. They showed three ways I could pay the debt off. This is ridiculous and these people need to be stopped.

Sterling Heights, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2007 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-Acquisitions-They-sent-me-a-bill-from-supposedly-10-years-from-a-credit-card-company-254430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions