Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions

• Submitted: Sun, July 22, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2007

• Reported By:Ft. Lauderdale Florida
RJM Acquisitions
575 Underhill Blvd Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions I just rec'd a letter from this company of a fraudulant claim almost 20 years old! Now I have to waste my time disputing it! ripoff Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: This old debt is NOT your responsibility!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: dont waste your time

I just rec'd a letter from this company claiming I owe $138.07 from September 8th, 1988! After I did a credit report on myself - I have the highest of credit ratings -never bounced a check in my life and always - paid my credit cards in full every month. I am not sure how they can get away with this - it almost seems like 20/20 or Dateline should do a report on them.

After receiving the letter, I did a Google Search and found all these complaints filed against them - and realized others have rec'd these bogus decade old debts that didn't exist.

Now we have to waste our time disputing it.

Susan
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2007 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-I-just-recd-a-letter-from-this-company-of-a-fraudulant-claim-almost-20-y-262433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This old debt is NOT your responsibility!!!

AUTHOR: Dallas - (U.S.A.)

A debt that is more than 7 years old (except for bankruptcies or IRS liens and things) should be removed from your credit history and you're not responsible for them after the 7 years has passed. This is my novice opinion, but if you would like an expert opinion go to clarkhoward.com for his advice. Most of the time it's just a scum bag collection agency trying to get anything from anybody that will give it to them out of fear. Good luck with this and keep on fighting.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

dont waste your time

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

the sol is well past the expiration and you can send them a certified letter stating to them not to contact you or you will file a complaint. they are ones who buy
junk debt for pennies on a dollar.

Just tell them to go away and leave me alone. it cannot be put on your credit report either.