Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions

• Submitted: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 17, 2006

• Reported By:Westbrook Maine
RJM Acquisitions
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions ripoff Syosset New York

On April 14th, 2006, I recieved a collection notice from RJM Acquisitions stating that I owed $133.00 from an account they purchased from Popular Club Plan. This account was dated October 12, 1997. They offered me 2 "opportunities" to repay this alleged debt: 1. a 40% settlement discount of $79.80 in 3 convenient payments of $26.60, or 2. $13.30 for 10 months to repay the full balance of $133.00.

I know for a fact that I have never had a Popular Club Plan before. I also, on April 14th, pulled up my credit report online, and no surprise to me there was nothing outstanding.

On April 17th, I chose to call RJM Acquisitions, giving them the benefit of the doubt that somehow I may have a bill out there. Upon challenging this alleged debt, and requesting written documentation of the debt, they have closed that account without any further ado.

I believe that if there were any legitimate debts out there for any of us (even something as petty as $133 ) a colletion company would not close it with no questions asked, upon requesting documentation of a debt. As far as I am concerned this is a scam that most of us would have fallen for.... Beware!!!

Westbrook, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-ripoff-Syosset-New-York-187100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions