Complaint Review: RJM Aquisitions;Island National Group

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2008

• Reported By:Littleton Colorado
RJM Aquisitions;Island National Group
6851 Jericho Turnpike New York, New York U.S.A.

RJM;Island National Group collecting on reduced legitimate credit card debt from 1994 New York New York

I was contacted by RJM about a year and a half ago regarding an unpaid credit card debt from Houston, TX/1994. I ignored the mailings until Island National Group got involved as RJM's 'collection agency'. It was a legitimate unpaid debt of 4200.00 that was in my name only, although I was not the only one that ran the total up so high. Regardless of blame, I felt that I should
take responsibility for my past actions and offered to pay 1800.00 of the 4200.00 and they agreed of course. I've paid in 600.00 so far and have no reservations about fulfilling what I believe to be my obligation unless: they do not honor the terms that we agreed on and try to get more out of me at the end of our agreement; are operating illegally to collect on a debt that they have no rights to; I am found to still be liable for the full debt after after paying what was agreed on. I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations has passed in both CO and TX, but I didn't find this out until after I started making payments to I.N.G. I would appreciate any feedback I can get before I give them another dime if the articles I've read in this report are true. Thanks for this forum and I will be a very grateful donor shortly.
Mike

Mike
Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-AquisitionsIsland-National-Group/New-York-New-York-11791/RJMIsland-National-Group-collecting-on-reduced-legitimate-credit-card-debt-from-1994-New-299286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Aquisitions;Island National Group