• Report: #207894

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, August 26, 2006

• Reported By:Sacramento California
RJM
575 UNDERHILL BLVD STE#2 SYOSSET, New York U.S.A.

RJM BOOKSPAN... ripoff- fraudulent collection account for black expressions book club SYOSSET New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Kimberly...This is a common method of reporting by some collection agencies

*Author of original report: MY CREDIT REPORT SAYS : RJM BOOKSPAN

*Consumer Suggestion: Kimberly..RJM has nothing to do with Bookspan..

I am really upset I went online to google RJM Collections. Come to find out this company may not even exsist. I have been for 1 year trying to removed a collection iteam from my credit report for a book club I never used.

RJM bookspan or RJm acquisitions does not reply to any mail sent. of course their is not phone number to call and I am at my wits end with trying to clear this matter up.

About 3 months ago, I was talking with a friend and she said, Oh man..the same thing is on my report. This company simply can not get away with this. I am ready to sue!!

Kimberly
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM/SYOSSET-New-York-11791/RJM-BOOKSPAN-ripoff-fraudulent-collection-account-for-black-expressions-book-club-SYOS-207894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Kimberly...This is a common method of reporting by some collection agencies

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Kimberly,

I know exactly how they report as I have dealt with them on several occasions. However, this method of reporting alone gives you cause to sue for damages under the FDCPA.

They are required to report accurate information. Since there is no company called RJM Bookspan, they have reported false information.

RJM does this for thier own purposes of knowing which account is being referenced. This is how they separate the different accounts they buy without having to rely on account numbers.

I just wanted you to know exactly who you are dealing with, and to not spread the misinformation.

The full and proper name of this entity is:
RJM Acquisitions LLC.

This is not a big deal, as nobody would file lawsuit over a book club bill. Just write the letters as I told you, and it will go away.

MY CREDIT REPORT SAYS : RJM BOOKSPAN

AUTHOR: Kimberly - (U.S.A.)

I understand what kind of collection agency RJM is , but when I received my credit report it had RJM BOOKSPAN as the collector.

I called the Experian to ask who it was they told me RJM BOOKSPAN so thats what i went with. No I am learning it RJM ACQ LLL.

Who ever they are, what ever they do, I want them off my credit report. So I am sending them a letter, certified. Thanks for the other address i will write them as well. But I was just writing the company that was on my credit report.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Kimberly..RJM has nothing to do with Bookspan..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Kimberly,

RJM is a collection agency AND a junk debt buyer. They buy this type of debt for far less than a penny on the dollar, and some of these "debts" are 10-15 years old and are not legally collectable.

Bookspan is just the company who sold the debt to RJM. Here is the info on RJM:

Agency Details:

RJM Acquisitions LLC
245 Eighth Ave. #272
New York, New York 10011
Web Address: NONE!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stay off the phone with any debt collector. Do everything in writing and by certified mail, return reciept requested. Put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records.

By the means above, send a dispute to every credit bureau for reason: "not my account".

Send a DEBT VALIDATION request by the means above to RJM where you clearly dispute the debt and DEMAND to see whatever you allegedly signed to create it and a full account history and itemization of charges.

You will not hear from them again.

socialism