Complaint Review: RJM

• Submitted: Thu, October 26, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 27, 2006

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM is dishonest, shady, scam artist, bottom feeders, losers, leaches, parasites. Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Info for Kevin on your problem with RJM Acquisitions

I want to warn anyone that have or has recently received RJM Acquisitions Funding's collection letter. I'm not sure if my name was bought from a lender or how my former name was retrieved, but RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC is a scam. My credit rating is in the mid 7's and I haven't done any business with BofA in close to 20 years.
Recently I checked my credit score and found nothing erouneous. I was at first relieved that nothing was wrong, but now I'm pissed. How can a company be allowed to scare innocent consumers? Why do they continue to exist?
Thanks to Ripoffreport.com I was happy to be informed about RJM's shady past, thanks for the headsup.

Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2006 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-is-dishonest-shady-scam-artist-bottom-feeders-losers-leaches-parasites-Syosset-217860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Info for Kevin on your problem with RJM Acquisitions

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You are correct, they are a scam operation.

RJM are JUNK DEBT BUYERS as well as DEBT COLLECTORS. They buy VERY old, legally UNCOLLECTABLE bad debt for usually around 1/10th of a penny on the dollar.

There are several problems with this as most of those files are incomplete or totally missing, so they really don't know who the actual debtor is.

Therefore, they just call and send letters to anyone with the same or similar name, and even search public records for prior names, etc.

The MO is to harass and intimidate people into making even a small payment on one of these old uncollectable debts. That way it is re-affirmed and now legally collectable with the statute of limitations being reset by the payment or agreement to pay.

We need more legislation on junk debt buying and more education and protection for the uneducated consumer.

Read some of my debt collection rebuttals here on Rip Off Report on how to deal with these parasites and bottomfeeders.

Have fun! I know I did!