Complaint Review: R+L CARRIERS

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By: Michael ripped-off! — Pompano Beach Florida United States of America
R+L CARRIERS
600 Gillam Road Wilmington, Ohio United States of America

R+L CARRIERS RL CARRIERS damages your property and denies responsibility Wilmington, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: R+L Cares

R+L Carriers damaged our shipping crate and denies responsibility. I left my custom made shipping crate on the loading dock in Dallas at a hotel that did not have a fork lift - only a pallet jack. Our custom crate was returned to us with obvious fork lift damage. My office manager didn't read the agreement and signed for it upon delivery - even though our custom pallet crate was on a pallet provided by R+L carriers. This didn't make sense because the crate was a pallet. But they did this because after they busted ours, it was no longer a pallet crate.

I posted about my experience with R+L Carriers on my blog and included pictures that explain the damage. I also included pictures of emails that clearly document the timing of our response regarding the damage. I then notified them about the post to make sure they had my full story including the emails that show my response time since we had a third party handling this for us. [continued below]....
....... just in case sufficient documentation was not provided on our behalf. After all, I wouldn't want to give RL Carriers a bad name if they didn't deserve it. But despite the documentation, they still have not responded to my claim.

It has been almost three months since this shipping company damaged my custom shipping crate. I spoke with R+L Carriers company representatives directly and sent enough email. They clearly explained to me that since my office manager signed for the crate, I can not file a claim. So the lesson is, don't sign for anything from R+L Carriers until you are certain there is no damage. I will update my post on my blog if anything significant regarding my claim ever happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2012 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RL-CARRIERS/-Wilmington-Ohio-45177/RL-CARRIERS-RL-CARRIERS-damages-your-property-and-denies-responsibility-Wilmington-Ohio-838247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R+L CARRIERS

R+L Cares

AUTHOR: R+L Carriers - (United States of America)

R+L Carriers has a proven record of over 98% on time delivery performance with a claims ratio well under 1% which is second to none in the industry. We are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Customers are welcome to use the R+L Cares form on our website to provide feedback. We welcome any suggestions to improve our service.

Claim status is easily obtained by contacting us at 800-543-5589 x2006. Reference the claim number and theyll be glad to assist.