Complaint Review: R+L Carriers

• Phone: 1-800-543-5589
  • Web:
  • Category:

R+L Carriers Careless and Rude Carrier Company DO NOT use Wilmington, Ohio

I recently moved from South Carolina back to Illinois after living in Myrtle Beach for 4 months. I  had a car trailer loaded and had no room for my Snap-On toolbox. So I contacted freightliner to move my toolbox. They broker loaded out to R&L carriers.

R&L Carriers flat out destroyed a $7000 toolbox. They manage to break the casters, ran a forklift into the drawers, and the driver broke the handle off in front of my daughter that was here to accept my shipment. My toolbox did not have 1 scratch on it and is a limited edition so parts are not available.

I filed a claim thru freightliner, and after 6 weeks they credited my credit card $33 for the damages. I have attempted 3 times to deal with R&L and they just blow me off. I have devistating pictures of the damage, and they say that is all they will pay. Some how they even managed to bend the frame, as only 3 wheels now touch the ground. [continued below]....

I can see that I am not the first one to have encounters with this sloppy company. After the driver tore the handle off my toolbox, he replied to my daughter what does he need this big of toolbox for. IDIOTS, DO NOT PATRONIZE unless you want your property tore up they will pay .10  a pound

Can someone maybe point me in the right direction to get satisfaction for my damage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2010 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RL-Carriers/Wilmington-Ohio-45177/RL-Carriers-Careless-and-Rude-Carrier-Company-DO-NOT-use-Wilmington-Ohio-559273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R+L Carriers