Complaint Review: RMCB Collection Agency

• Submitted: Mon, November 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 09, 2009

• Reported By: kathryn — sonoma California United States of America
RMCB Collection Agency
2269 S. Saw Mill River Road, Building 3 Elmsford, sonoma, California United States of America

RMCB Collection agency I recieved a collection notice with request for payment on a subcription that was cancelled 9 months prior. sonoma, California

I received a collection agency letter from RMCB stating if the outstanding bill from "Prevention Magazine" was not paid I would be sent to collections.I canceled this subscription months prior and never received any confirmations, bills, notice of past due amounts etc.  I then called the number on the collection letter "Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau, Inc. (1-800-813-8070) I got a live operator stating that the subscription was canceled and that I had no further action to take.  They asked for my name and account number.  Will I end up in collections or has my personal information been given out?
The company gave me a confirmation number name of the operator and employee number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2009 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RMCB-Collection-Agency/sonoma-California-95476/RMCB-Collection-agency-I-recieved-a-collection-notice-with-request-for-payment-on-a-subcri-521481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RMCB Collection Agency