Complaint Review: ROCKET COMM-SVCS EFAX & VMAIL

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: gare — san bruno California USA
ROCKET COMM-SVCS EFAX & VMAIL
10500 Heritage Blvd #200 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

ROCKET COMM-SVCS EFAX & VMAIL Allowed minor daughter to sign up for services she was unaware of San Antonio, Texas

*Author of original report: Contacted after email to Rocket Communications

Evidently my minor daughter did an online survey (I will address my daughter off-line) and when submitting it she obligated ME to some weird service from this company. I called them, they send a confirmation email to the person and start billing. Being that everything is online, I never caught it - MY BAD.

This means anyone may sign up another person for this "service" though not owning the account to which it will be billed.

I called AT&T and they state that the PUC mandates they process 3rd party billing. However, they are issuing a reverse charge order to both this company and intelicom (yup, one "L" and another rip-off service). Total added monthly charges from both companies from July 2008 to September 2009 - $40.85 per month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ROCKET-COMM-SVCS-EFAX-VMAIL/San-Antonio-Texas-78216/ROCKET-COMM-SVCS-EFAX-VMAIL-Allowed-minor-daughter-to-sign-up-for-services-she-was-unaw-509682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ROCKET COMM-SVCS EFAX & VMAIL

Contacted after email to Rocket Communications

AUTHOR: gare - (USA)

I had also been "signed up" with INTELICOM, a division of NEXTWEB MEDIA LLC. I was ultimately contacted by the general counsel for NEXTWEB and told they will refund my money. Then I started looking up everything about ROCKET. After beginning the filing of complaints and posting on myo wn website, I also emailed them at sales@rocketvoicemail.com; support@rocketvoicemail.com; accounts@rocketvoicemail.com. They too claim to be issuing a credit for all money spent.

With this resolution, I am down to how they can get these charges on my telephone bill. I am satisifed with the credits, if they do come through.