Complaint Review: ROSIE- MASSAGE ENVY

• Updated: Fri, June 04, 2010

• Reported By: kaityx3 — South Miami Florida USA
ROSIE- MASSAGE ENVY
6927 Red Road South Miami, Florida United States of America

ROSIE- MASSAGE ENVY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF CREDIT CARD FOR TIPS AND WONT LET ME CANCEL MEMBERSHIP CHARGED "AUTOMATIC" 20% TIP ON MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AFTER I LEFT THE STORE- DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!! South Miami, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: who's the fool?

*Consumer Suggestion: Uhh its called a chargeback

This company is a total scam. My boyfriend gave me a membership for Valentine's day but I didn't like the massages so I gave it to him. He didn't really like them either but went because they refused to cancel the membership. After the 6 months were up, he was in a bad financial situation and they continued to charge his card. We called cancelling over and over but whenever he called they said they would cancel it but never did! The last time he went he had a terrible massage and facial and did not leave a tip because the service was horrible. Later that day he found out that they had charged him $36.00 for tip!!!!!!

He was outraged and we both called and talked to the "manager". She was a complete b*tch and would not refund the money on the card. I told her it was MY card on file and i did NOT authorize the $36 charge. She told me the ONLY way she would put the money back on my card was if he came in and gave them $36 cash. I told them he didn't want to tip 20% and it was NOT mandatory. She tried telling me there were "signs" all around the place saying there was a 20% mandatory charge. NOOOOOOO WAY. those were SUGGESTIONS. and NO ONE should tip 20% for terrible service. I told her tipping is OPTIONAL and 15% for a GOOD JOB is sufficient. She would not hear it.

We argued for at least 30 minutes and she put me on hold about 6 times bc she had more "important things" to deal with. She would not give me her info but I told her that this would NOT be the end of it because what she did was ILLEGAL and I would be contacting corporate. She said great! You do that!

I'm not imagining corporate will be any better if they teach all their employees to act like SNAKES. DO NOT waste your time/money on this company.

Kaity
South Miami, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ROSIE-MASSAGE-ENVY/South-Miami-Florida-/ROSIE-MASSAGE-ENVY-UNAUTHORIZED-USE-OF-CREDIT-CARD-FOR-TIPS-AND-WONT-LET-ME-CANCEL-MEMBER-492351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ROSIE- MASSAGE ENVY

who's the fool?

AUTHOR: phil hartzell lmt - (USA)

Oh boy who's the dummy here the boyfriend doesn't even know what you like he could have simply asked if you liked massage's and if the answer was yes bought you a one shot gift card.  And as far as the additional charge perhaps it was a surcharge for product used in the facial.  And if you go to any spa the gratuity is added to the bill. And that I would think is very possible since Florida is a tourist state.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Uhh its called a chargeback

AUTHOR: Dj-former victim of mr shawkey - (U.S.A.)

`How hard would that be to do. If it was an unauthorized charge then you file a chargeback with the card company and if need be call the police as well for fraud.. PRetty simple. If you cant argue with them just legally bitchslapem