Complaint Review: ROTMANS FURNITURE STORE

• Submitted: Tue, May 28, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, December 19, 2003

• Reported By:Holland MA
ROTMANS FURNITURE STORE
Http://www.rotmans.com Worcester, Massachusetts U.S.A.

ROTMANS FURNITURE STORE A table costing me 4 times it's worth due to late fees! Worcester Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: Clear this off by calling the creditor and offering a settlement

I bought a table from this co. nearly 2 years ago and at the time the table was $400. I recieved credit from HRS USA and made constant payments. I then had a problem where we thought my wife had cancer and we were unable to make some payments. Needless to say we are still paying on the account and the table is now costing me $750 dollars and the actual value of the table is $300 dollars. They not only cancelled my account but RUINED my credit the sick bastards!

Kevin
Holland, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2002 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ROTMANS-FURNITURE-STORE/Worcester-Massachusetts/ROTMANS-FURNITURE-STORE-A-table-costing-me-4-times-its-worth-due-to-late-fees-Worcester-21655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ROTMANS FURNITURE STORE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Clear this off by calling the creditor and offering a settlement

AUTHOR: JON - (U.S.A.)

Clear this off by calling the creditor and offering a settlement on the account in the area of 60% and wash your hands of it. They did nothing wrong by charging you the interest and late fees you agreed to pay, granted you were in a difficult situation but from your report I see no mention of you ever contacting the creditor to let them know of your problems. Bottom line is you financed a $400.00 table and because you didn't pay on time you got stuck paying a lot more for it than you had to, it's easy to avoid that in the future.