• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:POUGHKEEPSIE New York
28900 SPINDRIFT CRT Menifee, California U.S.A.

ROYAL AMERICAN FINANCIAL Taken for a ride Menifee California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not Royal American Financial in Menifee CA

I guess there is no easy way to write about this, i was just looking for an answer to solve my financial needs. I found this company on the Internet, and was taken by what they had to offer me and how simple and easy they could make it happen.

I went through all the necessary to run my application, Including giving all my personal information s.s , bank account , etc. Was promised a loan amount of 300,000.00 dollars for low monthly payment and good interest rate.Being in the situation Im in I decided to proceed with all transactions and moneys needed to close the deal, and that was sending a money gram of $3500.00 Dollars to a individua in Canada no less. Its funny cause the lady who worked at the smoke shop where they do moneygrams had briefly told me about a woman who was wripped off by lotto company in Canada, in other words be careful of what your doing, especially about sending money out of state.

Well to make a long story short as you can see I did go ahead with the transaction, also for a second time totaling $4300.00 plus fees for the money grams, so now being in bigger hole than I started and probably going to lose my home to foreclosure I really hope you guys can help put a stop to people like this who really put hope into your dreams and than just shoot you down. I guess what really hurts me more than losing that money is telling my kids that we have to start packing and leave the house that they love so much. Thanks for listening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ROYAL-AMERICAN-FINANCIAL/Menifee-California-92584/ROYAL-AMERICAN-FINANCIAL-Taken-for-a-ride-Menifee-California-406928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ROYAL AMERICAN FINANCIAL

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not Royal American Financial in Menifee CA

AUTHOR: john - (USA)

This was an advance fee loan and identity theft scam by some crooks in Ohio. They tried to use our similar company name and good reputation to pull off the scam. Scam artists like this often use similar company names with good reputations to steal from people. They prey on people that are desperate for help with empty promises.

NEVER send money in advance to get a loan. NEVER send a money gram for anything. NEVER send money out of the country.

My company is Royal American Financial Advisors, LLC in Menifee CA. We are a registered investment advisor. We do not even make or provide loans.

The company that ripped people off used a similar name to our name. They gave out bogus license numbers and the victims did not check them out on the government websites.

How to check out an advisor:

How to check out a stock broker:

How to check out a real estate or mortgage broker: Go to your state’s department of real estate website.

How to check out an insurance agent: Go to your state’s department of insurance website.

These people scammed a lot of people by convincing them to send them money in advance so they could get a loan. When the victims could no longer contact the scam artists, several people called our office in 2008. We let them know it was a scam, and to report it to the authorities. They did. We helped to stop a few from sending in their money, some already did. We advised it may also be an identity theft ring, and to monitor, freeze, and put a fraud alert on their credit.

At least list the names and contact numbers of the people that actually ripped you off. Let the public know it was not Royal American Financial Advisors, LLC in Menifee CA like you state in your post.

Any questions, call me.