Complaint Review: ROYAL HOLIDAY

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Gina — STAMFORD Connecticut
ROYAL HOLIDAY
Nassau , Select State/Province Bahamas

ROYAL HOLIDAY VACATION CLUBS.....LIES, EXPENSIVE AND HIDDEN FEES.......SCAM NASSAU BAHAMAS

*Consumer Comment: Royal Holiday Timeshare Complaints

*Author of original report: Membership has been cancelled

*Author of original report: what can help cancel the contract

*Consumer Comment: Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam

We joined the vacation club in the Bahamas in February 2013....just found out today that it no longer exists in that country....so how is it that I am getting charged from the Bahamas monthly???  One of the bonuses that they gave us for joining was 15,000 to use for the grand opening of Baha Mar....2 problems with this: I found out later that I had to pay $500 to activate this certificate, so this certificate has become more of a financial problem than a thank you for joining our club type of gift. and now I find out that Royal Holiday has no partneship with Baha Mar.

I booked a vacation to DR, but because of job issues I needed to change the date, which I wasn't able to do; I was told that I either I had to use those dates already scheduled or cancel the whole reservation.  I felt being forced by them into taking those dates.  Then I told them that I had to arrive a day late and their response was that I had to pay a fee for coming in a day late to the hotel....I have never heard of this in my life.

At the end my job is way more important and I canceled the who reservation, 91 days ahead of time.  I thought that I was going to receive my money back, but they had added this mandatory insurance that cost a certain amount per person and that was non refundable.  The representative said that she had told me over the phone about it, but I don't remember.  Most of my money was refunded.

This year I made a reservation and the funny was that this mandatory insurance was only mandatory for those 65 years of age and older.....so it left me thinking about how they rip me off on that too.

If there is a way out of this scaming company, please contact me or let me know how I can contact any one.  In the mean time I am going to report them to BBB, Florida's Attorney General, Mexico's PROFECO, every and any cosumer fighting company that I can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ROYAL-HOLIDAY/Nassau-Select-StateProvince/ROYAL-HOLIDAY-VACATION-CLUBSLIES-EXPENSIVE-AND-HIDDEN-FEESSCAM-NASSAU-BAHAMA-1118957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ROYAL HOLIDAY

Royal Holiday Timeshare Complaints

AUTHOR: janehill - ()

My experience with Royal Holiday has been horrible... From today back to day one, 10 years, and I receive bogus calls from agents wanting me to list it with them on a regular basis... Enjoy the stay, but don't buy... You will regret it as most folks I know that own do...

Membership has been cancelled

AUTHOR: Gina - ()

Please remove my posting with information related to Royal Holiday.  We have reached an agreement and have ended our relationship in an amicable way.

what can help cancel the contract

AUTHOR: Gina - ()

Go to the following webpages and give a detail complaint of how you were scammed:

1. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

2.http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

3. Arizona Consumer Protection Office 800-352-8431 (complain id they are threatening you with sending you to their collection agency and ruin your credit)

Add to your complaint the ABC 20/20 segment on how Royal Holiday is a scam http://youtu.be/l1W2HVGnNls

Mail your detailed complaint to the Credit Bureau (so that your credit is not ruined) Equifax Office of Fraud Assistance P.O. Box 105069 Atlanta, GA 30348 They require the following info: full names, current & previous address for past 5 years, date of birth, copies of SS card, copy of license (enlarged so that small letters are legible) or a copy of a utility bill with your address.

If you are not able to cancel your contract you should also try http://timesharelegalaction.com/free-timeshare-evaluation.php  and see if they can help you.

Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: DeborahM - ()

I tried to cancel my Royal Holiday timeshare as soon I got home from the Bahamas, but the time period that they give you is too short. By the time I arrived to the US, it was too late. So we decided to give it a try....the bonus credits/certificate that was given to us for joining had a $500 activation fee (which we were not told of). We were aware of the annual fee, but not that it would be $760 a year in 2013, $800 in 2014 and it will keep on increasing yearly. There are hidden fees in such small letters. When you do the math, it's cheaper to book the vacation your self for the next 30 years.

We also booked a vacation for Dominican Republic and we had to pay for this insurance; we had to cancel the reservation, but the insurance fee was non-refundable. The odd thing is that when I book a reservation for Cozumel this year, only my 88 year old grandfather was required to have the insurance and it was charged per day...totally different than before. So why do you pay when you to one place and not the other? It was the same 3 people traveling.....We do not want to keep on investing our money incorrectly. If anyone has been successful at cancelling the membership, please let me know how it's done