Complaint Review: RPM Collection Agency

• Submitted: Sat, April 17, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By: killjoy106 — South Carolina United States of America
RPM Collection Agency

RPM Collection Agency claim i have debt with AT&T, which i do not nor ever had any dealings with Internet, Internet

*General Comment: I really cant believe this

*Consumer Comment: A thought

They call me on my cell phone, which is not listed anywhere and is only avaliable to family members and asked for me by name, which i answered. They claim I have an outstanding debt with AT&T for the ammount of $100+ . I said to the rep on the phone that I have never had services with AT&T, now nor in the past. He said he purpose was to collect debt, which I responded..."no your not!" and I hung up the phone.

on a related issue. My father had recieved his AT&T phone bill with charges on it that were in my name. I have never used any services with any land-based phone services, my services are only with mobile provider "Boost Mobile".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2010 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RPM-Collection-Agency/internet/RPM-Collection-Agency-claim-i-have-debt-with-ATT-which-i-do-not-nor-ever-had-any-dealin-594148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RPM Collection Agency

#1 General Comment

I really cant believe this

AUTHOR: teetee661 - (United States of America)

As i was reading up on this company, i couldnt believe what i read.  I had no idea who this company was or what they were about, until i just looked them up online.  they call me day & night after being asked not to call me.  i cant even understand what the person is saying, it sounds like an oriental person with a very thick accent.  i have no idea how they got my number but i also use boost.  hmmm.  is someone in the boost company giving out numbers or putting people on spam lists, illegally?  im starting to wonder about this and as a matter of fact im going to contact boost on this issue.  this stupid company calls me all day & night.  day im working & night im sleeping.  this is irritating.  i hope they get closed down or class action suit for harassing people.  i wonder if its the majority of boost users getting their cell number stolen or if its other cell companies also. im going to call these scammers & demand how they got my number.  i probably wont get an answer, but sure gonna try.

A thought

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Maybe your first apartment you had a home phone with AT&T as long distance?

Call AT&T, not the collection folks and find out what phone number the bill is about.

You said "My father had recieved his AT&T phone bill with charges on it that were in my name."

Again, call and find out what phone number the bill is about.

Not saying your Dad did, but maybe he used your name to get phone service? There is a reason why they billed him.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC