Complaint Review: RPM Collections - MCI World Comm Wireless

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 19, 2004

• Reported By:Diamond Bar California
RPM Collections - MCI World Comm Wireless
Colima Road Rowland Heights, California U.S.A.

RPM Collections - MCI World Comm Wireless collection phone call RIPOFF Rowland Heights California

On September 19, 2004, I received a phone call from RPM collections claiming that I owe MCI World Comm Wireless in the amount of $64.96. The agent claims to be a government agency, and wants I to pay off the debt immediately.

At first I did not even remember that I ever used MCI World Comm Wireless services, until the agent said it was a 2 year old account. Then I remembered that they had charged me an outrageous amount of long distance fees which I refused to pay. At that time I had called their customer service to reverse the charges and was told that the charges were cleared. I received no statements since.

But on this day 2 years later, the agent calls and claims they had sent out 4 bills to me with no reply. I was also trying hard not to laugh when she claims to be a government agency. Does she think I would be stupid enough to believe she was from the government? The government does not collect overdue accounts for any commercial business.

To make matters simple, I paid the $64.96 and the agent said that I should be getting a confirmation letter in the mail and immediately hung up the phone. I did not have a chance to get their call back phone number. After I was hung up, I realized they had just used a collect service to call me, which meant I have to pay for the extra phone bill too. These people are getting sleakier everyday.

Diamond Bar, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2004 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RPM-Collections-MCI-World-Comm-Wireless/Rowland-Heights-California-91748/RPM-Collections-MCI-World-Comm-Wireless-collection-phone-call-RIPOFF-Rowland-Heights-Cal-109155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RPM Collections - MCI World Comm Wireless