Complaint Review: RPM

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2008

• Reported By:New york New York
RPM
P.O. Box 768 Bothell, Washington U.S.A.

RPM Collections used scare tactics and lied about an account I never had Bothel Washington

*Consumer Comment: AT&T sold to MCI?

This past Sunday my husband received a call, an automated system said there was an important message for me using my maiden name.

When the women finally picked up she informed us that I had an old outstanding bill of $881.73. When I asked from where she said it was from an MCI account I had in 1997. I asked her what address and she gave me an address I did not move to until 2001. She told me numerous letters were sent there in 1997. I told her that was pretty amazing since I was living overseas. She told me I was lieing, I informed her she was full of it. I told her I never had MCI and she told me AT&T was sold to MCI in the late 90's.

I asked her for an invoice and she told me that she could not mail one. She said they already did mail me one in 1997. I told her I would not give her a dime until I had proof I owed this money. She said that she was going to put refusal to pay on my credit report..I said go right ahead! Please don't pay these ppl a dime, it is a scam!

Colnew819
New york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2008 04:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RPM/Bothell-Washington-98041/RPM-Collections-used-scare-tactics-and-lied-about-an-account-I-never-had-Bothel-Washington-326125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RPM

AT&T sold to MCI?

AUTHOR: Popcorn - (U.S.A.)

AT&T sold to MCI? I don't think so. I think this is a scam, and that you did the right thing to stand up to this bully. I hope you file a complaint with FTC and with your state's Attorney General.