Complaint Review: RPM

• Updated: Fri, December 03, 2010

• Reported By: sweetgeek — Ogden Utah USA
RPM
20816 44th Avenue W Lynnwood, Washington United States of America

RPM, Receivable Performance Management Continue to harass me even though I am in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lynnwood, Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Have your BK attorney go to the judge for sanctions against the CA

I have been in Chapter 13 bankruptcy for over 2 years. When I filed my bankruptcy I canceled my T-Mobile service at the time of the initial filing and included my outstanding balance in my bankruptcy. I then had pay-as-you-go phones for nearly a year until I could recover financially.

On Monday 11/29/10 I received a call from RPM. At first I was confused. They had all my information including my SS#. I explained to them that I had canceled my service with T-Mobile and the bill was included in my bankruptcy and the bankruptcy was in its 2nd year.  At first the representative tried to claim I had been a victim of identity theft then when I refused to give him information called me an idiot and a liar.

I located my bankruptcy information, called RPM back and gave them my case number, the name of my attorney and my attorney's telephone number. I explained to them it was my understanding that any contact with me was illegal and a direct violation of the Federal bankruptcy laws. They again called me a liar and hung up on me.  Really, how would I get a bankruptcy case number in addition to attorney contact info if I was lying.

Because they were so verbally abusive, refused to listen to me giving the legitimate verifiable information, I filed a complaint with the FTC.

I contacted my attorney and told him what had happened. His advice is to log everything. If RPM continues to harass me then after numerous attempts he would go to the bankruptcy judge.  I am very angry as of yesterday I received a collection letter from these abusive jerks.  I am sending out a letter return receipt with a copy to my attorney, once again giving RPM my information. Any further phone calls WILL be recorded. Utah law does NOT require you to notify the person you are speaking with that you are recording the phone call so I will just let them lie and be abusive.

I do not want to receive abusive dun calls for a debt that has already been partial paid by my Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I have followed the rules of the court to the letter and I should be able to have that protection as outlined by Federal law.

If anyone would like to contact me to sue this unscrupulous abusive  company, then I would be interested in talking with you. I have all documentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2010 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RPM/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/RPM-Receivable-Performance-Management-Continue-to-harass-me-even-though-I-am-in-Chapter-1-667901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RPM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Have your BK attorney go to the judge for sanctions against the CA

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

You have had both verbal and written communication with this company. They are violating Federal law by contacting you about pre-petition debt.  It sounds like T-Mobil sold the debt after you filed (based on your post).

Your attorney is the proper person to contact about this. Since they sent you a letter, normally the attorney would respond with his own letter. If RPB continued to dun you, then your attorney would take them to federal court in front of the BK judge. The good thing about sanctions is the collections agency (CA) would end up paying your attorney's fee and good money into your BK estate. It is not limited to the normal $1000 FDCPA violation - sanctions can be considerably higher. Your attorney ought to be interested in this violation, if he is not, that would be a big surprise.