Complaint Review: RSGC ROOFING

• Reported By: anonymous. — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
RSGC ROOFING
325 Franklin Avenue 41094-7492 Walton, Kentucky United States of America

RSGC ROOFING Lied to me, and did not honor their agreement Walton, Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Our side of the story.

The company we have a complaint about, is RSGC Roofing in Walton Kentucky 70 Miles from Louisville Kentucky. We had a hailstorm in Louisvilles Fern Creek area during the summer of 2012. They did the roofing, but the owner kept stalling around about doing the siding work. The only reason I gave them my business is because they came knocking on my door and said if
they could put a sign in the yard, they would pay my deductible. However, when they did not follow through, after six weeks of stalling, and each week, saying they would be there the next week, thus making endless lame excuses, I requested my money back-they refunded my money and did not honor their agreement and pay the deductible. RSGC ROOFING: 325 Franklin Avenue Walton, KY41094-7492(502-264-2494). I files a complaint with the BBB and noticed they have 11 other complaints and a B- rating. I also files a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General and the FTC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RSGC-ROOFING/Walton-Kentucky-41094-7492/RSGC-ROOFING-Lied-to-me-and-did-not-honor-their-agreement-Walton-Kentucky-954916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RSGC ROOFING

Our side of the story.

AUTHOR: RSGC - (United States of America)

Since the report was filed anonymously, we can only assume to know who filed it, but since there is only one homeowner in the Louisville area whom we issued a refund to, we are pretty sure that we have the correct information.  For starters, yes, we have a B- rating with the BBB, for a company that has been in business for the number of years that we have, and to have done thousands of roofs in those years, 11 complaints, which are all listed as closed for the record, is not a bad percentage. When dealing with the public, it is nearly impossible to keep everyone completely satisfied, but we do strive to resolve any and every situation to the best of our ability, so that everyone is happy in the end. Did you know that anyone can file a complaint with the BBB, even fake complaints? Yes, we have dealt with that in the past as well. As for this customer filing a complaint against us, we have yet to receive any information on this alleged filing as of 11/19/12.

As for the bulk of this report filed, first, we do not offer to pay anyone's deductible. We may offer an advertising discount for a sign, but never to pay someone's deductible. Without knowing for sure who this customer is, we cannot state for certain what the situation was, but if it is the customer that we assume it was the situation was far from normal on this claim. We fought with the insurance company to get his whole roof covered, which took months because his insurance company dragged their feet. When it was told that they would not cover his whole roof, we repaired the portion that was covered and collected his insurance checks and deposited them on 8/15/12. Let me be perfectly clear when I state that there was only a signed contract for his roof replacement, no other work had been agreed upon. When we completed the roof, he asked if we could do the rest of the work that his insurance company paid for, which we verbally agreed to do, but there was no contract.  At this point we were in the middle of a huge project for the Louisville Metro Housing Authority, and another apartment complex in Louisville, KY. We did not stall, or make lame excuses, the homeowner was told that we would get to his work when we could, but that because his insurance company dragged their feet, his work would have to wait until our crews were freed up from these other jobs. While this is not the ideal situation to be in, our hands were tied due to deadlines that were contractually agreed upon for the other projects. About three and a half weeks passed and the homeowner called and requested a refund because we hadn't gotten to him yet. On 9/12/12 a refund check was issued and mailed to the customer, note that this is 4 weeks to the day of completing the roofing work, not 6 weeks as claimed in the report.

At this point RSGC has done all that we know to do to resolve this customer's complaint, and see no further action necessary, we just wanted our side of the story to be told as well.