Complaint Review: RUSH FARMS

• Updated: Sat, June 01, 2013

• Reported By: Kellie — Loveland Colorado
RUSH FARMS
Ulman, Missouri United States of America

RUSH FARMS Newfoundland Breeder Bought a female newfoundland in 2007 with a life long health issue Ulman, Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I Was Never Told....

I was venting to a friend about my issue when they told me about this website, I thought; finally, I can let others know!

I bought an ACA Registerd Female Newfoundland out of River and Lily in 2007. She came to us at 10 weeks and of course we fell in love right then! When she was two, she was faced with death or an emergency surgery, in which she had to be spayed. From day one, she has leaked urine, constantly. She had multiple visits with our vet and everything came back negative. She now has to get two pills a day to control her urethral sphincter as she has a malformation called, Ectopic ureter. This is very frustrating, not only due to the smell, but because of the extra up keep she requires, not to mention the extra money.

Also, when she came to us she was rather lean for a Newfoundland puppy, but I figured she would grow, to live up to the breed standard. WRONG! She matured at 80 pounds and looks more like a Border Collie/Newf mix. She is tiny compared to my male, about half the size. She is also extremely hyper, even now as a five year old. And yes, my dogs get plenty of exercise and have gone through training.

She does not act or look like a Newf. I am not saying Sheila is a bad person, I just suggest going to see what you buy - before you buy it. A mistake I will never make again. With that said, I am very disappointed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RUSH-FARMS/Ulman-Missouri-/RUSH-FARMS-Newfoundland-Breeder-Bought-a-female-newfoundland-in-2007-with-a-life-long-heal-1041253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RUSH FARMS

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I Was Never Told....

AUTHOR: Rush Farms - ()

I wish that Kellie had let me know about the emergency spay ( and why that came to be...?) and also that shewas unhappy with her Newfoundlands looks. I was told she had uninary issues...and Yes...both parents were VetGen Clear of Cystinuria. The "Ectopic Ureter" was found after she was settled in with Kellie. It was something my Veterinarian nor I had noticed, or the puppy girl would never had been sent. When that problem was found, weeks later... Kellie let me know but has Never called or emailed to express how she has been or how "disappointing" she looks.

The dam, Lily was a smaller Newf, but both sire & dam had the regal Newfie look and natural love for water. Unfortunately, this is Dog Breeding...and even gorgeous dogs produce offspring that makes us wonder why did that offspring end up looking like the red headed step child?

Kellie is first out of 8 families that have littermates to express her feelings, but most importantly I wish she had not waited over 5 years to write this online as all she had to do was contact me and I would have remedied the situation.