Complaint Review: RV Icebox

• Submitted: Sun, May 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, May 27, 2012

• Reported By: Andy — Lynnville Tennessee United States of America
RV Icebox

RV Icebox Nucold refrigeration Poor delivery and lied to me about expected delivery date repeatedly Internet, Internet

I searched for a replacement cooling unit for my RV refrigerator.
RV Icebox of Morriton, AR appeared to have what I needed with 48 hour delivery
As it ended, I was almost 2 months having to go next door to use refrigerator while waiting

PayPal paid them for a cooling unit on 2 April.  Their ad said 48 hour delivery.  When it didn't arrive at end of week I called and was told 2-3 weeks on that unit.  Then next week I got word thad one was on the way.  When it didn't arrive, I was told that apparently it was lost in transit. After another week I was told a replacement would be shipped.  When that hadn't arrived either, I called and was told a unit was arriving on Saturday delivery.
My son was killed in an auto accident in NY on Friday.  I could NOT go to be with my family as I was waiting for cooling unit.  When it didn't arrive on Saturday, I called Monday to be told to expect it that day.  Tuesday morning I receive word that a memorial service was to be next Saturday.  Had the unit arrived even on Saturday and had been as easy as they said, I could have made the service.

I called RV Icebox again that day and was told a unit was going out that day and would arrive Thursday.  I was given a tracking number (which had been requested 3 times before) and it did arrive late Thursday.  I found it to be in LESS than perfect condition with frame bent and foil torn loose from frame.  BUT as it had taken 45 days to get it I decided to make do.  The 3-4 hour job turned out to be 4-5 days with all the fitting I had to do.

I am afraid that I cannot recommend RV Icebox
Gary Anderson
Chapel Hill, TN

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2012 03:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RV-Icebox/internet/RV-Icebox-Nucold-refrigeration-Poor-delivery-and-lied-to-me-about-expected-delivery-date-r-888905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RV Icebox