Complaint Review: RV Parts Country

• Reported By: grtnails4u — Cedar Springs Michigan United States of America
RV Parts Country
151 Marketplace Spur London, KY. 40741 US Internet United States of America

RV Parts Country Internet Rip off Artist Internet, Internet

On July 14, 2011 I made an Internet purchase of a Honda EU2000i Generator, from RV Parts Country at 151 Marketplace Spur, London, Kentucky 40741 (606) 864-2598. I used my debit to card to for this item in full before shipment. When I received this generatoron July 19, 2011 it was damaged. In fact it is damaged to the point that it will not hold gas or oil.

At that point I phoned the Company that sold it to me RV Parts Country. Who referred me to speak with FedEx the shipper. FedEx has picked up this generator and the container that it was shipped in. They put it through their inspection process and found that the shipment was not adequately prepared for safe transportation as required under the terms governing the shipment. FedEx notified me of this on Aug 25, 2011.

FedEx also tried to return this item to the seller but they refused it!

At one point during my communications with Fed Ex they requested photos from RV Parts Country showing how thegenerator was packed. They refused saying they did not have a camera.

I decided to make a call to Honda and see what they would say. They also told me that they tell their distributors not to ship these items.

At that point I contact RV parts Country # 606-864-2598. They will not speak with me, they will not return my calls and they will not accept the damaged merchandise back and exchange it.

I then was advised to open a case with the Better Business Bureau, which I did. After several communications through the BBB my case was closed as unresolved on Oct. 12, 2011. All I requested was for the shipper to send me a call tag or express tag from FedEx. According to FedEx if shipper will do that or send me a shipping label FexEx will pick up this item and return it to them. However unless I receive a label with their return address on it FedEx will not touch it because they already refused it.

Also so you know, this generator was packaged in a plastic bag that was put into a box. There was no reinforcement just a regular cardboard box. I also might add that RV parts Country did open that box and put their flyer into it.

In my case with the BBB we requested time and time again a shipping label or call tag and the request was ignored. After 2 months of request I took the generator in the original box and repackaged it in another larger box. I then sent it by UPS on 11/18/11 at my own expense to RV Parts Country. RV Parts Country received the generator on 11/22/11 at 10:45am. It is still in their possession to my knowledge.

Since receipt of this item, RV Parts Country has not made any attempt to contact me about it. Not by US mail, e-mail or phone call, nor have I received the item back. I am still without a generator and have not received any communication from them or a refund of the price I paid for the item. Worst part is I've done what RV Parts Company has requested of me to do and done it in a timely manner but they in return have done NOTHING except keep my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RV-Parts-Country/internet/RV-Parts-Country-Internet-Rip-off-Artist-Internet-Internet-875659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RV Parts Country