Complaint Review: RVTL

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2013

• Reported By: Barbara — Raleigh North Carolina
RVTL
2551 East Ave. S Palmdale, California USA

RVTL They offered a 14 day trial offer of a skin care product, and I paid the 4.95 shipping and handling. Next thing I know, they have charged my checking account $99.00. I am a senior citizen and this is just not fair. I hope they burn in Hell. I want my money back as the product does not work anyway. Palmdale California

*Author of original report: RVTL Wrinkle Creme

*General Comment: Sorry

It really stinks when a company offers you something for free and then debits your checking account with no warning for an outragous amount and causes your checking account to overdraw.  They hide all the gorey details that even when you read the fine print, you still miss it.  If facebook continues to allow this to be advertised on their page, I will drop them. It is a rip off to everybody that buys it.

Somebody needs to stop these people from ripping other people off.  Just goes to show you that you just cannot trust anybody anymore.  I intend to call my congressman about this as well as anybody else in Washington that I think will help me get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RVTL/Palmdale-California-93550/RVTL-They-offered-a-14-day-trial-offer-of-a-skin-care-product-and-I-paid-the-495-shipp-1068672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RVTL

RVTL Wrinkle Creme

AUTHOR: Barbara - ()

I went back and read the fine print again, and guess what, the 14 day trial starts the day you place the order.  It does not matter how long it takes them to get the order to you.  It may sit in the shipping department for 2 or 3 days  or you may not get it for 14 days, but the clock is already ticking.  It really sucks that people like that are allowed to take advantage of other people.  But what makes no sense to me is if it is a "free 14 day trial", offer, why in the world would you have to send the product back before you finish the 14 days up to decide if you like it or not.  They lost a possibly good customer.  Now I will do my best to put them out of business.  I will tell anybody that will listen what a "shoty" business they run.

#2 General Comment

Sorry

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry this happend to you but you were suckered by verbage. Which is a polite way of saying you feel for the "trial" trick. This means that even though the product itself is "FREE" the trial isnt. If you did not cancel your trial membership with this website then they would deduct the fees automatically. Normally its within 7-14 days of the time to originally signed up for the trial services, not when you recieved the product.

You can call Washington all you like even your congresman. But they wont help you. You can even attempt to contact your states attorney general, but its not even going to ping his radar. Its $100. Those guys wipe their asses with money like that. So thats the type of reponse they will give you. In this present day with digital contracts you are going to find that this will happen more and more. You have no real recourse in this situation as you would have agreed to the terms and conditions of the contract simply by NOT cancelling.

Best bet, cancel your current card and get a new one. Realize that fine print is everywhere now.