Complaint Review: Rac Acceptance

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Glinda Hall — Texarkana Texas
Rac Acceptance
Plano, Texas USA

Rac Acceptance I ordered a bedroom suite from Ashley's home furniture I went thru Rac I had to pay first month payment upfront no one mentioned I could pay more down to make my payout sooner. It took six weeks before I even got the furniture. I paid another payment before I even had the furniture. I paid extra each month for a couple of months thinking I would have it paid off sooner. When I ask about the extra money they said it was in "suspense" and it was really not important so after that I just paid the regular payment. The girl who had me sign the paperwork was new and did not explain anything to me except to just make your payment on time which I did.  Plano Texas

*UPDATE Employee: I work at RAC...

I have made 15 months plus the extra and now they want another $900 to " pay off" the account. I have already paid 1.5 times plus, what the furniture was . I started calling 4 weeks ago to talk to someone to see if they could help me I had one phone from the Regional Director Adolfo Campas he was going to get back to me that afternoon. It has now been 3 weeks and iI am still waiting. When you call they tell you it will be 24 hours guess what this is the longest 24 hours in history. RAC Acceptance does not tell you the truth and they certainly get to people with their payments and the amount of money they charge. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it

I orderedbought ordered furniture from Ashely  's furniture Rac Acceptance did the paperwork they did not explain the process and the girl who had me sign was new and she didn't understand. I thought after paying 12 months the furniture would be paid off now they want more money to pay it off. I have already paid nearly twice what it costs. No one returns my calls. This company is ripping off people who are just trying to buy nice things. I might add I have never missed a payment and even paid more than payment only to be told " your money is just sitting there". Can someone help?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rac-Acceptance/Plano-Texas/Rac-Acceptance-I-ordered-a-bedroom-suite-from-Ashleys-home-furniture-I-went-thru-Rac-I-h-1073606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rac Acceptance

I work at RAC...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Hi, Glinda. I work at RAC and am so sorry to hear about your experience with RAC Acceptance! I hope you'll give us the chance to work through this with you because what you described isn’t the way we’re instructed to do business at all. It’s our policy to treat all our customers with respect and to work through all payment issues as soon as they occur. You said that the store you rented your furniture from did not explain the payment structure properly… not sure why they couldn’t clarify this for you, but I hope you’ll please call our customer service line at 800-422-8186 so we can get more details about what happened and escalate the issue to the appropriate department. Again, I’m really sorry for your experience with RAC Acceptance and hope that the information I have provided will be helpful.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC