Complaint Review: RadarBusters.com

RadarBusters.com Sold me Junk Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Manufacturer Warranty Item

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry About Your Bad Experience

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Agree Cobra Radar Detectors SUCK

I purchased a high dollar radar detector and within a year it stopped working because where the cord enters the unit would no longer make a connection.  Just like those from Radio Shack.  Real Junk.  It is a Cobra XRS-9545 that got rave reviews - of course - on their website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RadarBusterscom/internet/RadarBusterscom-Sold-me-Junk-Internet-1053298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RadarBusters.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Manufacturer Warranty Item

AUTHOR: RadarBusters - (USA)

We're sorry to hear of your experience with your radar detector.

Cobra's products like any other eletronics' manufacturer can develop serviceability issues over time, particulary with product cables that can be pulled or strained in typical use.

RadarBusters offers 30 day returns or exchanges.  Given the length of time you've had the product, this issue should be handled directly by the manufacturer under a warranty claim.  We can assist you in opening a support ticket or you will find their customer service number located on the product registration card.

On the budget side of detectors we offer the Whistler CR93, which is a very good product for the money.  We consider this a 3-star detector and they can be found with the following link:

If you are willing to spend more we offer a number of very good detectors in our five-star category:

We would be happy to offer you our "trade-up" program to another detector.  If you are looking for a more substantial detector, we would suggest other models including Escort, Beltronics, Radenso, and Whistler.  Of course, you get what you pay for.

Below is a link to that program:

If you have any other questions, please visit us at radarbusters.com, a representative will be happy to assist you!

RB Customer Service

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sorry About Your Bad Experience

AUTHOR: Radar Roy - (USA)

I apologize that you had a poor experience with your Cobra radar detector however we go into great detail in our reviews on which detectors are the best and unfortunately you choose one of the detectors that had one of our worst reviews and ratings, and based your buying decision on the low price of the detector.

However if you ever want to get into a detector that is better suited for your needs give me a call and I will personally help you select the detector that is best suited for your needs and knock off an additional 10% on the price

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Agree Cobra Radar Detectors SUCK

AUTHOR: Radar Roy - ()

I'm Radar Roy and last week I took back control of the Radarbusters website from HayNeedle and I agree that the detector this complaint is about SUCKS! And this is why as the new owner of the company I will not sell it.

In fact the detector is so bad that I rated it as a one star do not buy on our new website: http://www.radarbusters.com/1-Star-Rating-Radar-Detectors-s/2424.htm

I'm sorry that the reviewer got burnt by the old owners and I'll make sure that will never happen being the new owner.

In fact if the reviewer will contact me personally I'll recommend a different detector and work something out with him.