Complaint Review: Radco Refrigeration & Appliances, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 09, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: Robert — Spring Hill Florida
Radco Refrigeration & Appliances, Inc.
14400 Irving St. Spring Hill, Florida USA

Radco Refrigeration & Appliances, Inc. Price gouging, Untrustworthy, Rip-off, Cheat Spring Hill Florida

On May 31, 2014 our air conditioner quit cooling. Looked in the phone book and called Radco. Jeremy came out and told us that our air conditioner was low on freon. That it probably had a small leak. He said he would put the freon and a sealer into the air conditioner. The price was $668.00. He told us that they didn't make freon anymore and it was very expensive. So we told him to go ahead to do it. He knew we had to borrow some of the money from our daughter. Jeremy filled the freon which he only had to put in 1 1/2 pounds.

Two days later a neighbor was taking a walk and stopped to talk to my husband. He works for an air conditioning company. My husband told him what happened and how much it cost and he said that they really overcharged us. His company would only have charged $200.00 for the same service. We also called other companies and they gave us the same prices.

Now I know we were stupid for not getting other prices from other companies but there was no way I thought anyone would overcharge you by $468.00. I know that everyone does not charge the same price but by $400.00 come on. I think this is what I consider price gouging and I believe that is against the law. I will be posting many bad reviews and to the BBB. I might also get a consoltation with a lawyer and see what can be done.

I also stopped payment on the check just to give them a hard time. Didn't cost much but gave me great satifaction. Especially when Jeremy was standing there while I was talking to my daughter to borrow  some of the money. Which was so embarrassing. You can see how much people care. Just so they make the big bucks!

Also if it would have only been $200.00 I wouldn't of had to borrow any money. So beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radco-Refrigeration-Appliances-Inc/Spring-Hill-Florida-34609/Radco-Refrigeration-amp-Appliances-Inc-Price-gouging-Untrustworthy-Rip-off-Cheat-S-1153384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radco Refrigeration & Appliances, Inc.