Complaint Review: Radio Code

• Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: Merc — Australia Other United States of America
Radio Code

Radio Code Totally Fraudulent Internet

I came across Radio Code when i was looking at ways to by-pass my expensive Mercedes dealer to get the code to my radio after the battery had been disconnected.

I was sent a radio code that had too many digits and emailed to say that it was incorrect. I was told by  Dean T that i had given them the wrong information or the radio was not the original radio for the vehicle. Given that i have had the vehicle since brand new so i know for certain the radio has never been changed AND i double checked all the information i provided and it was correct it became obvious that this is a scam.

Dean T @ Radio Code also asked me to take a photo of the front sides and back of the unit and send it to them. If i was able to pull the unit out on my own i wouldn't need radio code as i would have the serial number off the back of the unit which is what the dealer needed to get me the code. In a Mercedes you have to have the dealer remove the unit to get the serial number off the back of the unit and the dealer charges excessively for this service.

I have had a few emails going back and forth lately and have raised a paypal dispute, this morning i received an email from Dean T at Radio Code saying i would receive a refund because they were unable to help me but no refund has been supplied.

I had to go back to my Mercedes dealer and pay the excessive fee to get my code, now i'm out of pocket twice! NOT HAPPY RADIO CODE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Code/internet/Radio-Code-Totally-Fraudulent-Internet-840319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Code