Complaint Review: Radio Shack / Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:Thurmont Maryland
Radio Shack / Sprint PCS
1305 W. 7th Street Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Radio Shack / Sprint PCS poor organization, ripoff, denies responsibility Frederick Maryland

I went to Radio Shack to upgrade my Sprint PCS plan. I wanted to get a new phone and add my fiance to my current plan. One young employee was sent to help us, but had no idea what he was doing. Anytime we asked him a question, he left to go ask someone else.

Finally, after quite some time, we figured out what the plan would be. We were told there was no activation fee since I was an existing Sprint customer. After the young employee told us the details of the new plan, my fiance and I decided to go for it.

After spending 90 minutes in the store, we walked away with our new phone and upgraded monthly plan. When the first bill came, we were in for some surprises. We were billed for 2 months instead of one. We were charged for everything that Radio Shack told us was free for the first 3 months. And, we were charged the activation fee, which we were also told to be free. Our bill that we were told would be around $80, was actually over $200.

I called Sprint PCS about the bill. Sprint told me that it was standard procedure to bill for the first 2 months. I've had other cell phone plans before, and this was new to me. They did refund me for the little things that I was incorrectly billed for. They told me that they couldn't do anything about the $32 (or maybe it was $36) activation fee because that was Radio Shack's fault.

I went to Radio Shack to get my activation fee refunded, but I was told that they had nothing to do with Sprint's billing, so I needed to take it up with Sprint. Both places are not accepting responsibility for errors. Each time I've spoken to Sprint or Radio Shack, they tell me there's nothing they can do about it.

After reading other reports, and going through my experience, it is obvious that these two businesses are not on the same page when it comes to customer service. Neither one will accept the responsibility for their mistakes and miscommunications, and as a result the customers have to pay for it.

John
Thurmont, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2005 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack-Sprint-PCS/Frederick-Maryland-21702/Radio-Shack-Sprint-PCS-poor-organization-ripoff-denies-responsibility-Frederick-Maryla-147763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack / Sprint PCS