Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: JoeMc — Big Bear City California United States of America
Radio Shack
POBox 105689 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Radio Shack Federal Warranty Service Corporation refuses to honor contract and give arbitration information Atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Information

I bought a phone from Radio Shack with Verizon Service. The clerk recommended buying the Radio Shack Warranty as it was handled quicker if the phone needed replacing. I bought the warranty and phone in December 2011. In May 2012 I made notification of a new bank account for billing. I was not allowed paper billing only autopay with a credit card. The new information for the new bank account was not accepted or entered properly and the account was closed in July 2012. No notification was made. In October 2012 I made an inquiry on the warranty because I ruined my battery. I did not make a claim only asked since it could have been the phone. Radio Shack said the account did not exist. After several calls talking with several employees and departments the company refuses to continue my warranty. They did not have any contact information for me until today when I started the inquiry. No one will help me claiming they do not have to on a closed/canceled account. They insist I was the problem not someone in their company that failed to gain the correct information for customer contact. My only request from them was reinstate the policy or start a new one. Both options were refused and they also refused to give me the information for arbitration. The last person I called insisted I write first to a PO Box number and wait for a reply. I insisted I needed the warranty on the phone today and wished to speak to the legal department. They claim there is no legal department. As with all warranty policies I advise stay with the company providing the service as they are easier to contact and have more to loose if they fail to honor the policy. In my case Verizon insurance was just as cheap and would show up on my monthly billing. They also would mail, call, email, text or send a horse to contact me if they did not get their money.

All I asked for was a warranty policy and this company refuses to honor their contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5689/Radio-Shack-Federal-Warranty-Service-Corporation-refuses-to-honor-contract-and-give-arbitr-956299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

Information

AUTHOR: Ashton - ()

Hello,

While the channels you have gone through are already above my head, I would advise you to visit your local Radio Shack store. There you can pick up a copy of the "Monthly Pay Wireless Premium Protection" brochure along with the separate one page arbitration agreement.

This will have all the information about the warranty service and the provisions that go along with it.

I'm sorry there were issues with your service, but I hope this little bit of information helps you.