Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 13, 2003

• Reported By:BRYAN Texas
Radio Shack
3620 W. Villa Maria, Bryan,Tx BRYAN, Texas U.S.A.

Radio Shack ripped me off: I asked for nationwide long distance and was given only in-state service only. Ripoff. BRYAN Texas

In February of this year, I asked Radioshack for wireless service to be available nationwide. I thought that is what I was getting. Instead they set me up for in-state service only.

I assumed I had gotten what I requested, then I got a $1,400 bill for calls I made while in California. Roaming charges of 69 cents per minute were applied to my bill even though I was using the free nights and weekends.

I had Cingular for 2 years with nationwide service, my family is mainly in Ohio and Virginia. I never had any trouble with them.

I went back to radio shack and asked to see the man that had signed me up and was told that he didn't work there anymore. I called Verizon and Radio Shack and no one will even talk to me about this. I feel that radio shack should be responsible for the actions of their employees and make this right.

I received a letter from a collection agency yesterday.
My husband doesn't work anymore and we live paycheck to paycheck. I don't know what to do. I made several payments of $100, but just can't seem to get any cooperation from either of these companies.

Maria
BRYAN, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2003 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/BRYAN-Texas-77801/Radio-Shack-ripped-me-off-I-asked-for-nationwide-long-distance-and-was-given-only-in-stat-71812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack