Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Updated: Sun, November 24, 2013

• Reported By: Tammy — chicago Illinois
Radio Shack
5409 N. Broadway Plaza Chicago, Illinois USA

Radio Shack Would not fix my broken cell phone screen at the price quoted and paid for Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Yeah they screwed up....

I went in and asked the cashier how much it would cost to repair the crackedgi screen on my galaxy s4 cell phon He looked it up and said that it would be $79.99 plus tax and that it would take 5 to 7 days to be ready.

A week later I was told that they made a mistake and that the price was $275 and that they would give me a flip phone with 400 minutes for a month while I waited for my phone to be repaired.  I told the gentlemen that since he quoted the wrong price that they were obligated to fix it at that price. He called his regional manager and lost prevention and swore that they would send the phone back and let another company in chicago repair it cheaper at their cost. 4 days later they tell me that the touch sensor was also damaged and they can''t repair that and they gave me my money back. They are full of bull. There is nothing wrong with the touch screen. I can still make calls and play games. They are just looking for a reason not to fullfill their obligation while I have a phone that has not been repaired. I would love to tell everyone to stay out of radioshack becasue they do not honor their own price quotes and give you the runaround  instead of solving the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Chicago-Illinois-60640-1703/Radio-Shack-Would-not-fix-my-broken-cell-phone-screen-at-the-price-quoted-and-paid-for-Ch-1101842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

Yeah they screwed up....

AUTHOR: RSman - ()

First off, as a employee off RadioShack, I can tell you we don't fix phones. We do offer the repair services of our partner, Werx. You can find them at werxscreenreplacement.com, which I'm sure is the package you were sold. We have to go to Werx's site before we make a sale. We choose the model and Werx gives us the price.

No one is fixing the gorilla glass displays of a GS4 for $80. The part alone costs more. Werx charges $250. So a mistake was definitely made. Either the customer gave the associate the wrong model number or the associate clicked the wrong model.

So you paid the incorrect price of $80 and shipped your phone to Werx. Werx of course told you that the payment was insufficent, a mistake was made on the price. I'm sure Werx was willing to accept your payment for the remaining $170 balance or refund what you paid.

Radioshack always makes good on its promises whenever we can. Since Werx won't fix the phone due to the "touch sensor", you should definitely get the handset fixed through a different repair service. Make a copy of the repair bill, and we can definitely reimberse you what you paid minus the $80 you were expecting to pay. The store manager can complete a L&D claim for you and submit the bill for your repair. You will get a check reimbersement.

Sorry if we made a mistake on Werx's pricing. It obviously wasn't intentional, since it could only cause problems and in no way benefit us. Please understand, no one is trying to escape any obligation to you. Radioshack can't force Werx to fix your handset if they say they can't, nor do we have another service to turn to. I hope you can find another business to fix your handset, perhaps try Sumsung directly. I know the local Radioshack personal are willing to get you reimbersed.